Our bi-monthly publication, Watercraft Philately, has been the major source for information about ships on stamps since 1953. Each 16-page issue ordinarily contains at least one special feature, usually an in-depth story about a particular ship or set of stamps. There is always several stories about ships in general or particular ships. Often there will be stories about significant anniversaries such as WW2, the sinking of the TITANIC, or a series of stamps about mail ships or similar vessels.
Below are covers of the previous 6 issues along with their table of contents. Please click the image for a larger version.
Watercraft Philately is also the means by which members are kept appraised of new ship stamps, changes in the status of ships shown on stamps and new or additional data that comes to light about previously published information. It is the only source of updates for the Watercraft on Stamps handbook.
General contents of each issue
Each issue of Watercraft Philately may include these regular columns
Items of Unit Business
- Editor’s Notes, a letter from the editor
- The Ditty Box, general information about the Unit and hobby that is generally of interest to all members
- View from the Bridge, comments from the Unit Officers
- Crew Changes, new member and other changes to the Roster
- New Issues, a listing of new ship stamps gleaned from many sources by our members
- Carriers of the World’s Trade, new information and changes to previous data about merchant ships
- Defenders of the Seas and Shores, new information and changes to data about naval ships
- Service and Rescue Vessels
- Ports and Harbors
- Research Notes
- Keeping the Media and Internet Watch, information on new books, magazines and Internet happenings.
- Maritime Preservation
- Stamp Designs and Designers
- Traveling Near and Far, stories and data about passenger and cruise ships
- Sports and Leisure, news items about recreational boats, ships and yachts.
- Research Notes, tips and hints about tracing down information about that new ship stamp