Contents and Indexes
Our bi-monthly publication, Watercraft Philately, has been the major source for information about ships on stamps since 1953. Each 14-page issue (with an occasional 16-page issue) ordinarily contains at least one special feature, usually an in-depth story about a particular ship or set of stamps.
Watercraft Philately is also the means by which members are kept appraised of new ship stamps, changes in the status of ships shown on stamps and new or additional data that comes to light about previously published information. It is the only source of updates for the Watercraft on Stamps handbook.
Table of Contents
The Table of Contents for each issue since July, 1996, is available for you to scan so you may see the feature articles for each issue.
Volume 43 (July 1996 - June 1997)
Volume 44 (July 1997 - June 1998)
Volume 45 (July 1998 - June 1999)
Volume 46 (July 1999 - June 2000)
Volume 47 (July 2000 - June 2001)
Volume 48 (July 2001 - June 2002)
Volume 49 (July 2002 - June 2003)
Volume 50 (July 2003 - June 2004)
Volume 51 (July 2004 - June 2005)
Volume 52 (July 2005 - June 2006)
Volume 53 (July 2006 - June 2007)
Volume 54 (July 2007 - June 2008)
Volume 55 (July 2008 - June 2009)
Volume 56 (July 2009 - June 2010)
Volume 57 (July 2010 - June 2011)
Volume 58 (July 2011 - June 2012)
Volume 59 (July 2012 - onwards)
The index of named ships that have appeared on stamps and are mentioned in Watercraft Philately is available. To find in which issue the ship was mentioned, just select the initial letter of the ships name below.
Index of ship stamps by NAME
Numeric A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Index of ship stamps by volume of Watercraft Philately
The indexes to volumes of Watercraft Philately consist mainly of a listing of named ships and other information deemed to be of reference value to the ship stamp collector. These were compiled by Dan Rodlie, editor of Watercraft Philately, with the assistantance of Gus Schlapkohl, unit member, for Volumes 21-44.
If you find something of interest in here, copies of articles for all volumes through the present, either in paper or Adobe pdf formats, are available. Contact Myron Molnau for more information.
General contents of each issueIn addition to the feature articles, each issue of Watercraft Philately includes these regular columns
Items of Unit Business
- Editor's Notes, a letter from the editor
- The Ditty Box, general information about the Unit and hobby that is generally of interest to all members
- View from the Bridge, comments from the Unit President
- Crew Changes, new member and other changes to the Roster
- New Issues, a listing of new ship stamps gleaned from many sources by our members
- Carriers of the World's Trade, new information and changes to previous data about merchant ships
- Defenders of the Seas and Shores, new information and changes to data about naval ships
- Service and Rescue Vessels
- Ports and Harbors
- Research Notes
- Keeping the Media and Internet Watch, information on new books, magazines and Internet happenings.
- Maritime Preservation
- Stamp Designs and Designers
- Traveling Near and Far, stories and data about passenger and cruise ships
- Sports and Leisure, news items about recreational boats, ships and yachts.
- Research Notes, tips and hints about tracing down information about that new ship stamp